Sunday 24 October 2010

On the go #1

I don't know about you, but at times I feel overwhelmed by the amount of yarn and unfinished projects I have around the house. Each project has its own bag or basket and they are all over. What does it say about me? That I am not a completer finisher!!! I love the starting of a project...planning, sourcing and choosing the yarn, getting the yarn through the post and opening it (the very best bit!!!). Do I have a short attention span? Maybe I do. I know that I like to flit between projects; a bit of blanket, a bit of baby jacket, a bit of aran knitting. It keeps me interested. Some projects get left for longer than others. However, I never throw anything away and at some point I always return to unfinished things.



I recently rediscovered a stash of crochet squares I first began a couple of years ago.





I remember finding the pattern in Jan Eaton's excellent book on crochet blocks.




I was fairly new to crochet and so some of the blocks, on reflection, are a bit shabby. And the colours....mmmm. Not sure. I had convinced myself that I hated the colours but now...well.... I actually quite like them. Exotic, spicy, warm. What do you think?


It seems such a shame to not do something with these squares and so the other weekend I laid them all out on the table to get a better idea. I think I have enough to make a smallish throw. Yes, these squares have been moved out of the cupboard and upgraded to the on the go pile in my hallway! So I'm now in the process of joining them together and am thinking ahead, planning the border.



The thing is, when I finish a forgotten project I get such a buzz. I feel a real sense of achievement and closure. I can put that thing to bed and don't have it cluttering up my home or my head. Now there are only another five or six......and my aran yarn for a beret is arriving this week......oh dear





1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrea,

    It's fun playing with yarn , isn't it !

    I don't think that we (me too) are the only ones with unfinished objects in bags or baskets, you know !

    Your squares look nice, pretty colors, by daylight and by evening ;)
    Have fun with the border !

    goodnight , Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment here - I love to read what you have to say! x