Sunday 3 October 2010

Overseas visitors

Two close members of my family live in the fabulous South Africa; Dad and niece. They live about 5 hours drive from one another in SA and they both decided to visit Blighty at the same time (without conferring!). Dad arrived and took Boy and I to the Beamish outdoor museum in my native County Durham. A fabulous day, and great to see Dad again. The highlight of the visit to Beamish (according to boy) was a visit to its sweetshop with a demonstration of how to make cough sweets - with free samples of course!


The tram was very popular with the males! Amazing how steep those steps are though...

And I just loved this sign...


And the steam Merry-go-round was gorgeous...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment here - I love to read what you have to say! x