Wednesday 22 December 2010

All ready?

Hello friends! I have a little boy absolutely giddy beyond giddiness now. The advent calendar has only two more windows in it and we have been busy decorating the house. Only two more sleeps, as Little S has been pointing out all day! The house looks lovely, and despite the extreme cold (last night it was -10 degrees in my patch!), it is cosy and warm.






I have also been making things (aside from gifts).....







I felt a little bit yarned out to be honest and so made this streamer and stars by folding origami paper. The little boxes for the streamer were such fun to make as you had to blow them up to inflate them!

And I made some scented oranges by studding them with cloves. The smell is gorgeous!


I got a real bargain from my local supermarket....



These two ceramic plates for under £2 for both! So of course I had to justify this huge expense by using them.....hence the chocolate cakes!!




Wow! 2011! I can't believe how quickly this year has gone. I am fairly new to this blogging lark but it has brought me a lot of happiness and I am truly grateful for your visits, your comments and for making me feel welcome in this virtual community! It has been fantastic to see what you are all making and especially your Christmas gifts. There are going to be some very, happy people!

So I am now signing off until after Christmas. I just wanted to wish all of my visitors the most wonderful Christmas, however you celebrate. And I wish you an uber-creative 2011!  Whilst I am spending happy times with my family I will spare a thought for those who, for whatever reason, can't be with those they love at this time.

Joyeux Noel :: God Jul :: Feliz Navidad :: Glædelig Jul :: Zalig Kerstfeast :: Hyvaa Joulua :: Froehliche Weihnachten :: Boze Narodzenie :: Gesëende Kersfees :: Buone Feste Natalizie :: Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah!!


Andrea xx



9 comments:

  1. We have similar levels of excitement in our house and am looking forward to our festive break
    Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paper crafts are wonderful...when I was a kid, I loved to make those box ones you blow up. Enjoy this holiday time with your family, Andrea. Here's to a great 2011 full of crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Jul to You from Sweden ( today a lot of snow and -20 degrees cold!)/Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the decorating and the yummie food!
    Have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that we are blog friends Andrea :)

    Have a wonderful Christmas !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Very Merry Christmas to you Andrea and your family.

    I too am enjoying your blog, I'm going to add it to my favourites.

    All the best for 2011, I wonder what we'll all have got up to by this time next year...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always wanted to make those orange clove thingees! Do they smell as delicious as they look like they smell?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment here - I love to read what you have to say! x